- …everyone is a child of the inbetween… Lunchtimes, Edinburgh Fringe. 13 & 15 Aug on 13/08/2019 1:00 pm
- …everyone is a child of the inbetween… Evenings, Edinburgh Fringe. 14 & 16 Aug on 14/08/2019 8:30 pm
- …everyone is a child of the inbetween… Lunchtimes, Edinburgh Fringe. 13 & 15 Aug on 15/08/2019 1:00 pm
- …everyone is a child of the inbetween… Evenings, Edinburgh Fringe. 14 & 16 Aug on 16/08/2019 8:30 pm
- New work for Ensemble Offspring – Black Box, Belfast on 09/09/2019 8:00 pm
Matthew Whiteside is the One To Watch in the Sunday Herald culture awards 2017. He is a ‘cerebral composer and sound designer who’s creating works to challenge the 21st century consensus.’ He writes music for concert, film and collaborative installations while often-using live electronics he seeks to create work with a meditative quality inviting the listener to project upon and experience on their own, rather than the composer’s, terms.
Recent work has included a short opera Little Black Lies commissioned by Scottish Opera Connect, with libretto by Helene Grøn, Entangled commissioned by the Institute of Physics for the 2018 NI Science Festival and working on a new installation called We Are All Made of Stars with filmmaker/chorographer Marisa Zanotti and Magnetic North.
Sign Up to Matthew’s Newsletter
News and Blog
- I am starting this the day before I head to Manchester to rehearse and record …
- My previous blog talked about where I am now and how Entangled came about. This …
- On the 25th October I am planning to release my second album ‘Entangled‘. In the …
- After my initial slightly ranty post on Classical Music and Streaming I’m going to do …
- This week I read this headline iTunes Announces All Music Downloads Will Be Shut Down …