- Rama for Ensemble Offspring – Black Box, Belfast on 09/09/2019 8:00 pm
- Rama for Ensemble Offspring – Hug and Pint, Glasgow on 10/09/2019 8:00 pm
- Rama for Ensemble Offspring – Scottish Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh on 11/09/2019 8:00 pm
- Rama for Ensemble Offspring – Belmont Filmhouse, Aberdeen on 12/09/2019 8:00 pm
- Solo for Viola D’amore and Electronics performed by Garth Knox. Hug and Pint, Glasgow on 08/10/2019 8:00 pm
Matthew Whiteside is the One To Watch in the Sunday Herald culture awards 2017. He is a ‘cerebral composer and sound designer who’s creating works to challenge the 21st century consensus.’ He writes music for concert, film and collaborative installations while often-using live electronics he seeks to create work with a meditative quality inviting the listener to project upon and experience on their own, rather than the composer’s, terms.
Recent work has included a short opera Little Black Lies commissioned by Scottish Opera Connect, with libretto by Helene Grøn, Entangled commissioned by the Institute of Physics for the 2018 NI Science Festival and working on a new installation called We Are All Made of Stars with filmmaker/chorographer Marisa Zanotti and Magnetic North.
Sign Up to Matthew’s Newsletter
News and Blog
- Today has been a day of looking at spreadsheets, adding meta data, uploading music and …
- After recording everything you then have to edit and mix it. This can be a …
- Below is my speech supporting a successful motion I wrote (see above photo) asking the …
- I am starting this the day before I head to Manchester to rehearse and record …
- My previous blog talked about where I am now and how Entangled came about. This …