Dichroic Light is the result of a three-month collaboration with the cellist performing tonight, Lydia Whittingham. I would like to thank her for spending so many hours practicing and rehearsing in the studio to carve the piece into its final form.
In my music I have recently become interested in resonance and overtones. The electronics in Dichroic Light aim to magnify these often overlooked sounds within the cello.
‘A fascinating essay in pure sound’ – Alan Cooper, Sound Festival, Aberdeen, 2011
A recording of the piece is available on my debut album Dichroic Light.
- The Night With… Abby Hayward – Dichroic Light on 15/06/2017 6:00 pm
- Dichroic Light Release on 04/05/2015
- Dichroic Light mov 1 on 22/07/2012
- Dichroic Light, Sonorities Festival on 27/03/2012 1:00 pm
- Dichroic Light, Sound Thought on 03/03/2012
- Dichroic Light 1st Mov on 05/11/2011
- Dichroic Light on 05/05/2011 7:30 pm
- Dichroic Light on 16/03/2011
Score and electronics available from the CMC